View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 02:53 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Go up to post #268, I posted a link talking about it. It's called "Club Red", those tickets are sold but they are all up at the open bar, free buffet, HDTV, etc particularly since they are all now corporate tickets since the price of those tickets increased 660% from last year to this year...
I was talking to the president of the Dallas stars and he said this was one of their top priorities when he took over the job after the sale. Most of those lower bowl tickets are sold but often go unused so they were trying to get a program together where businesses could gift the tickets systemically to young hockey teams and kids groups for a tax recite and make sure they fill the already paid seats with actual bodies.

Detroit has had a similar issue in the lower bowl because they do not limited access to their luxury suites so if you own a ticket in the building you can join your buddies in the suites and this is a big problem for them optically. Apparently they cram out these suites and its party central upstairs but the lower bowl looks a bit sparse.

Also in Toronto they have what is called "bunker boxes" and our banker took us to a game in one of these. Long story short this group of luxury suites are actually at ice level but do not have a visual of the ice. you own these kick a55 seats right behind the leafs bench but your luxury box is detached and back in the bowls of the building under that stands. the problem is the suites are plush and you have your food and beviís rolling and you are doing business (or should I say indulging the guy who brought you) and next thing you know it is 10 minutes into the period and you just watch it on TV in the suite and get lit up for free.

these are just a few examples of optic challenges of pretty nice seats.