View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
How about how he handles the size and speed of the game at it's highest level, how's that gonna affect what he already does?

The game in his head is gonna change exponentially if he can't process it, like many before him, he's gonna have more to work on more than just 'balance'.

Again, why the absolutes? How am I supposed to believe his only fault at this point is balance!? You mean to say "the only part of his game against AHL opposition....". Well...yeah, that's all we know right? You assume everything else he can do will magically transfer over to the highest level with ease.

That being said, my opinion is he'll be with the team for '13-'14. He's the type of prospect who at the same time can and will benefit from playing guys more his size, just hope the expectations will not be like they were with Kreider.

Balance is the only thing keeping him out of the NHL. Clearly that's what I was talking about when I was talking about his making an NHL debut. Then he'll have all sorts of growing pains as a rookie and sophomore, but to go from the AHL to the NHL, he needs to improve on his balance and he'll be good enough for the third pair at that point.