View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 03:35 PM
joey16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
What are the chances of seeing Petr Mrazek on the roster as the third goalie? He's had a solid start in the NHL so far, although it's only been 2 games. However his stats in the OHL as well as in the AHL have been good, and he just turned 21 years old. It seems like he's the goalkeeper of the future for the Czech Republic, and having him there as a replacement could be beneficial for his experience.

I'm not confident with either Pavelec or Vokoun in Sochi 2014. I was hoping Neuvirth would have a solid season and be ready to be the starter but it doesn't look like it for now.
Mrazek really is considered as a big talent here in Czech Republic. He's got pretty big hype that not every young player here gets. I think there's is a little chance that he'll be there. I personally don't think so. Assuming he isn't participating in this years world championship, he won't have any national team experince (except that ten minutes he got last year against Germany which I don't really count) that our coaches will require, I think. He would have to have really strong season in NHL to be picked over guys like Pavelec, Neuvirth, Kovář or Salák.
Right now it looks like Pavelec should be clear number 1. Not sure about Vokoun and his chances.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote