View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Drouin just jumped ahead of MacKinnon in terms of CSS and ISS scouting services. He's also making a late push to be the top rated player. In terms of the scouting services, there's very little difference between Drouin and Jones right now. They're pretty much at a dead heat in terms of the top rated player. First time in a long time that I remember that two players are essentially top rated. It's all going to depend on a team's need. If it's defense, Jones goes first overall. If it's offense, Drouin goes first. Of note, if the season were to end today, the Flyers would have the 13th overall choice. Some of the players expected to be available at that point include: Alexander Wennberg (Center), Anthony Mantha (Left Wing), Josh Morrissey (Defense), Ryan Pulock (Defense), Adam Erne (Left Wing), Artturi Lehkonen (Left Wing), Frederick Gauthier (Center) and Rasums Ristolainen (Defense).
As much as like Drouin I would take Jones over him everyday of the week regardless of need. Franchise defensemen are a lot harder to come by than franchise wingers. There's a reason people are saying Jones is the best draft eligible defensemen since Pronger. That's just my opinion though.

It's odd to see Mackinnion drop to 3 compared to where he was last summer.