Thread: Value of: Ryan White
View Single Post
03-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
vCash: 500
Reminds me of the Joe Vitale thread. Probably a player who gives enough to his current team that it makes no sense to trade him for what other teams are probably going to offer. He's still just a 4th liner at the end of the day, after all.

White seemed to be trying too hard to make an impression with toughness early on this season, which got him into the pressbox for indiscipline. Since then, he has been surprisingly constrained. He doesn't make a huge contribution, yet, but he does seem like a reasonable 4th line player. He may not have abundant natural skills, or size, but will drop the gloves as a middleweight, and has a bit of puck sense lingering from his junior resume.

I think what he really needs to do is add some real serious agitation element to his game. He's tough enough to back it up once in awhile, but he could try harder to be a little "cheap" and get under the skin of his opponents more. He does ok as a penalty killer.

Speed has been an issue for him coming up through the ranks, but I think he has reached a basic level of adequacy there. He just has to remember to hustle on every shift. If he hustles, he holds his own.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote