View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Your lineup is missing Versteeg who probably would be on a line with Flash. I think Goc could center those 2 and then shift Kopecky to the 3rd line at the wing where he's most natural.
Who knows how long Versteeg is out, and quite frankly, IMO he wouldn't make a difference. Tired of his floating.

Quote:
My gut instinct says the team shuts Upshall down for the season even if he becomes healthy so they can use a buyout on him this offseason (you cant buyout an injured player so they need him to be healthy before the end of the yr).
I think Tallon will heavily shop Upshall around the league for next to nothing, might even add a pick to make him look more desirable.

No offense to Islanders fans, but that's where I think he'll end up. Like this organization, Islanders have a hard time attracting UFAs to come there without a huge overpayment. There's no easier way to get a guy like Upshall for two more years.

Quote:
We definitely need a guy to replace Weiss and I just dont know who that could be. There's the thought process (via their beat writer, Dater) in Denver that with RoR now signed, the Avs may want to get him additional ice time and to do that, they would trade Statsny. He only has 1 yr remaining on his deal (@ $6.6M in salary) though but that would be an interesting idea for us as a stopgap while we try to develop Bjugstad next yr in the minors.
Statsny sounds tempting, but I'm not sure if Tallon is willing to pay the price to get him, which will probably be one of his "untouchables" and at least a 2nd, if not more.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote