Thread: Value of: Phil Kessel for Corey Perry?
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Anaheim better make up its mind soon. Losing perry for nothing is not an option so stop overvaluing him and get something back in return. Not sure a lot of teams have top line players ready to give up in addition to the multiple picks people seem to think he's worth. Right now I see a guy with 18 points.
why is this not an option?

can you give me an example of any team EVER that has dealt their star upcoming UFA player when they are in contention for the Cup?

Yes, I know I keep asking this question over and over and over again. Still not one person who says it's not an option to lose him for nothing, or that he has to be dealt, or that teams won't lose such assets for nothing, just never have a response. I get told instead that I don't know what I'm talking about, or it's "way over my head" ... so I ask again, can anyone backup their argument with a single example of when a Cup contending team moved their rental instead of keeping him for the playoffs? Any examples? Ever?

It's an option to keep such players for a playoff run and let them walk for nothing. We've seen this COUNTLESS times. Have we ever seen a team that traded their star upcoming UFA in a season when they are in a playoff spot? And Anaheim isn't just in a playoff spot - they are the 2nd best team in the league and are legitimate contenders.

If it's not an option, then why do we see this all the time, but NEVER see such teams deal such assets?

Reality check people!! it's the NHL not HFHL. The goal isn't to get assets back and develop prospects, it's to win the Cup!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote