View Single Post
03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
So when Arsenal spanked you 5-2 earlier this season, you lost to a bad team?
I'm not a Spurs fan so I don't know what you're going on about. That 5-2 game was one moment of good in the midst of a sea of bad results for Arsenal.

The fact is that over the last few months every side with quality they've played against has given them big problems. They have a bit of flat track bully about them which is not a good mentality. Honestly, if the league were as good as it was a few years ago they'd be miles behind the other three top four sides. And because mine would be too does not mean I cannot comment on Arsenal.

They need to get rid of both starting central defenders pronto. They're not good enough. Vermaelen is good on the ball but his defending is amateurish. Mertesacker has been this player for a long time, even at Werder and as a starter at Germany. He wasn't good enough to play for a good Arsenal side when he was signed and still isn't.

The one positive for Arsenal fans is that their run-in is fairly weak, so if they continue the flat track bully mindset they could finish fourth anyway. They haven't struggled against too many poor teams.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote