View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I don't see how hoto's comments make him a Bruins apologist at all. It's a question of principle and unlike many here hoto's capable of applying them to all teams.

I think Emelin shouldn't be surprised at the retaliation, he did crosscheck Seguin and it went unpunished by the refs. I am pretty surprised that Chara went ******* on the spot causing him to sit out for 17 minutes though. If something like that happened to one of our players, I'd be happy if a teammate stood up for said player. I'd just be much happier if it was done in a context which would actually benefit the team.
Last time I checked, we were Canadiens fans. It is idiocy to apologize (validate, justify, acknowledge.......pick your word) and say what he did.

For example.

You and your wife/girlfriend are on a date. You go to the bathroom. While you are gone, your girlfriend bumps into another woman and she falls down crying. Her big boyfriend comes over and beats her up.

Tell me that you are going to tell your wife/girlfriend that she deserved it and should have expected it since she bumped into that woman.

If you believe that........well, maybe your wife/girlfriend needs another man. Much like maybe the Canadiens need a few better fans than some of the apologists they have now..