View Single Post
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
vCash: 500
I'll armchair GM.. I've said this on the Flyers board a year ago and I still don't understand why the hell the GM traded away two top end forwards for more forwards. The Flyers don't seem to have a hard time scoring goals. I can understand the logic behind moving Richards and/or Carter if at the very least they took on a blue chip D prospect/player or two. Trading forwards for younger versions of the current forwards you already have makes zero sense when you have already have a young forward core and an aging defensive group (Pronger/Timmonen were the men at the time of the trade) and no one ready to step up and fill those roles.

My two cents, the Flyers should have done the Richards/Carter trades for defense and goaltending and they would probably be challenging for a Cup last year and this year. Instead they have an aging defense on the way out and an overpaid goalie who has not solved that issue. It just doesn't seem like there is a solid blue print in place for the direction they want to go. It is almost like they have two guys steering the same ship and maybe that is the case.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote