View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
iCanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I don't understand why Kootneay isn't in the Western Confrence.

I understand yeah it's farther away from everything. But the Western Confrence has 10 teams and the East has 12. Only 2 teams in the West don't make the playoffs, while 4 in the east don't.

Swift Current has a solid fanbase, as well as Prince Albert if I recall.

Prince George's owner situation counts them out, Kootneay was a threat to move back when Victoria wanted a WHL team. My best bet would be Kootneay.
When Kootenay was in the BC division, all their away games were over several mountain passes. 7 hours to Kamloops, 12 hours to PG, etc. That's just ridiculous. They were moved to the Central because of proximity to Lethbridge, Calgary, etc. When Chilliwack came into the BC Division, it allowed Kootenay to move to a better travel time division. It also evened up the divisions. 5,5 and 6,6 which makes it a more level playing field when going for playoff spots.

Swift Current has been talked about forever about being moved, but the community owned team won't budge. You can count on that.

PG has a opt-out agreement for their arena lease based on attendance. Same with Kootenay. At this point, Kootenay is more likely to lose their team than PG IMO. As for other WHL teams...Moose Jaw and Lethbridge are looking pretty rickety. Lethbridge just needs to make the playoffs...it's been awhile for them.

iCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote