View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Have you ever seen Plek do that before this year? I'll answer for you, no.

Its a coaches strategy and its dumb.
Actually I have. Again, you will rarely find me pick apart a bad play by Pleks (actually this is the first time), but he does often try to catch goalies by surprise and that's what he did there. He wasn't the only one taking low% shots/plays on the PP. Whatevs, it wasn't a huge deal - I love Pleky to death, I just think he knows better/the play didn't pay off. He might have scored and it would have been a great shot. Just sayin, the PP we had against the Rangers where Eller (I think) scored after every Hab touched the puck in under 10 seconds -- that's what I want to see. We could be so much more deadly.

Pleks has played the role of half boards marauder for awhile so he gets caught up in certain habits. Thankfully they are mostly great ones. People also forget/don't agree that he has a rocket of a slapper that can easily find its way top corner. As the team's top goal scorer, I'll let him do what he wants right now. I think he's one of the most reliable guys to keep the puck in and distribute it on the cycle.

edit: Actually, is Max now past Pleks?