Thread: Speculation: Value of Morrow
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't think it's that simple at all. Those guys are players they're looking at as potential Top 4 D for them in the future. They aren't going to just give them up for a rental and some picks or prospects. That'd be like Dallas just moving Oleksiak for a rental and minor future pieces.
I agree to a point, but not really with your comparison. If we had 4 or 5 Oleksiaks (Pittsbrugh basically does) and were a serious Cup contender (which Pittsburgh is), then that changes things. I'm not in Shero's head so I have no clue what he's thinking, but they are deep in young D-men and are in a different situation than us.

Personally I'm a fan of Joe Morrow. I liked him going in to his draft and was kinda surprised he was still around at 23. I loved watching him play the local Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL final last year, and my buddy's cousin is his trainer and says he's a beast. Everything to me just points to him being a really good all-round defenseman.

IF he was available, I would gladly add extra to the pot instead of settling for a lesser prospect.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote