View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Two things I take from this:
1. Good chance we won't be trading our 1st rounder.
2. A guaranteed chance to boo Uncle Gary.
If and when Homer's job is on the line, I doubt he gives two 'you know what's' about that pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I totally get what you're saying. At the same time, I look to when Erik Johnson was drafted and scouts were saying the same thing about him (franchise defenseman, all the tools, best draft eligible defenseman since Pronger) and if you look how he's turned out, he's kind of been a disappointment. Defensemen, to me, are starting to become like goaltenders in that nobody really knows how they're going to turn out. Do you have a true number one or are you getting a good top four guy?

With that being said, comparing Jones to Drouin really is an apples and oranges thing. If Columbus is choosing first overall, do they take Jones, where they've got a loaded blue line full of talent, or do they take Drouin, where they really need the offense? It's a very interesting scenario.
Except EJ never did and never will move the way Seth Jones does. I don't think anyone really truly compares to the guy. Not to mention Jones is much more offensively gifted than EJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
With Button's new predictions, he has Pulock at 16. Maybe closer to a Flyers that we first thought? Just... throwing that out there .
Pulock isn't as good as people seem to think. He gets a bit overrated due to his points and more specifically his shot. Definitely could be a useful player in the NHL, but not someone I'd be desperate to get my hands on. I'd much rather take a gamble on the younger, better skating, Josh Morrissey who I would have a better chance at molding into a top pairing defenseman.