View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He has average 1.8 points over his last 8. The whole team is on a huge hot streak offensively averaging more than 4 goals in the last 9 games. With that said, Schenn has been repeatedly called out by his coach for his defensive game and has moved him from the first line, to the third, to the fourth and then he sat him a game. Now that he's hot again he's been moved up tot he second line but he was noticed having a yelling fight with his coach after a goal he was responsible for when the played NJ.

He's selling out to score goals and has sacraficed fundamental hockey. Whatsmore, he's had a few spats with his coach and Hartnell. he's not the kind of guy I want on my team.
I see. But nothing out of the ordinary for a coach to be hard on a young talent, especially demanding more on the defensive end. Not sure if that equates to sacrificing hockey fundamentals for points. But I'm not following PHI, so can't speak from much information other than pure stats, which looks impressive.

Richards has been very valuable, and already served his ultimate purpose of contributing to the Cup run.. but I think this might turn into a sensitive and recurring issue for yrs to come, both due to Schenn young age and Richards contract length. We will see.