View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 08:07 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by potsiev2 View Post
So you're not a flyers fan anymore because of the mean media and the dealing of richards. Without sounding like a complete fraud you can't possibly consider yourself a true fan of anything except for mike richards. I don't claim the flyers are any closer to a cup now. What i said is the package of voracek,simmonds,couturier,schenn,cousins is better value then richards and carter and thats my opinion. Are the flyers stuck with bryz? not if they're willing to eat his salary and i'm sure ed snider is willing to dump 50 million if it means they can create cap space to try something better or what holmgren thinks is better. I hated the bryzgalov deal and i'll continue to as long as his cap hit is on this team (hopefully that changes in the offseason). I'll continue to stick with this team through the good and bad times and nothing can change that since i live and die by philly teams. This is more then my selfish wants and desires as it's in my blood and it's a bond between my family and friends. Being a true fan of a team that wins a championship is like nothing else for a true fan. I'm sure many Kings fans know exactly what i'm talking about. You buy the merchandise/DVDs and you remember exactly what your day consisted of when your team became champs. Nothing compares as a sports fan. It's ashame loyalty can change due to 1 individual. end of rant
I used to think like this but back in '74 I ditched the Leafs because I knew they would never amount to anything under Harold Ballard. I switched to the Flyers because of Bobby Clarke. Two years ago when the Flyers blew up the team, I knew I would have 2 teams to follow, LA and Philly but I prefer LA because their GM has vision and the owner doesn't meddle. Will I stay a Kings' fan forever? Who knows. I don't feel I owe any team or player loyalty and prefer to do what makes me happy. Nobody showed loyalty to the fans in the last 2 lockouts so why should I give it back?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote