View Single Post
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Our sixth line could consist of Couture, Spezza, Thornton, Sharp, RNH, MSL, Iginla, Lupul, Neal, etc. just to name a few..... pretty sure any of them would be your #1 player.
Who are the 15 players/5 lines that come before those players? I'm not being confrontational when I ask that (I know it's often hard to tell on a message board) I'm just curious. To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if 4 or 5 of those guys are on the final roster to begin with. Then again that is probably a discussion better left to the 'Canadian Olympic Roster' thread so nevermind.

Also... I get that RNH was a first overall pick and could go on to do great things but we are talking about a player who currently has 1 goal and 7 points, good enough for 8th in scoring on a team that is most likely going back into the draft lottery. To suggest that as of today he would be the Czech's best player is pretty laughable.

Finally... "Your #1 player"?... I am in no way associated with Czech Hockey. I'm not even Czech. I assume we are from/live in the same country.

No offense, but on paper, you can't compare
No offense taken.

Don't get me wrong... If I have a choice between a team loaded from top to bottom with first line NHL talent and a team that isn't I am taking my chances with the former but it has hardly proven to be a guarantee or even a prerequisite to having success.

So ya... maybe on paper 'you can't compare' but given the on ice results we have seen up to this point it probably really isn't worth spending a ton of time comparing paper.

On ice, anything can happen in one game.

People act like when a team as talented as Canada loses a game it is some kind of fluke. In the past 4 Olympics Canada has lost 7 games. Not only is it not a fluke it really isn't all that uncommon.

Last edited by ForumNamePending: 03-04-2013 at 09:32 PM.
ForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote