Thread: Player Discussion: JT Miller
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 10:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
You guys saying send him down must not be watching the same guy that I am...He hasn't been scoring but like I said in the original thread about him getting called up, he won't be a scoring guy at this level. He doesn't really have that sort of skillset to score 60-70 points. I think he's a really good long term 3rd liner winger, like Dubinsky was but probably more talented. Some nights, Miller looks like the best Ranger forward for long stretches of time. Some nights he makes some rookie mistakes, like every other rookie in the league.

Also not for nothing but who else is there to replace him if you send him to the minors? What forward would you rather have on the 3rd line? I think the whole "send him to the minors, let him develop forever" mindset is garbage. He's played AHL level hockey, he's won gold at the World Juniors. He's a young kid who will be a good player in the league for a long time, let's let him develop here since he isn't HURTING the team.
I agree. Sometimes I just don't get the harsh criticism of Miller. He's fit we'll into the system, plays pretty well positionally and is knocking guys off the puck and controlling it at 19.

Sure, he's not lighting up the score sheet but he's not a liability out there. He's contributing to the forecheck and what I like most about him is his size and swagger for such a young kid. You can tell he's got a good confidence about him, even on the bench he's not afraid to open his mouth and be engaged. Why not nurture that and let some of the vets show him "how to be pro"- as Torts says.

I really have no issues with Miller, enjoy watching him play and I think it's good to have some real youth in the lineup to keep things fresh in the room. That's a dynamic that is tough to quantify but means something in this league. I've been keeping a close eye on him, and I haven't been down on him at any point yet. I actually think he's close to netting a big one sooner rather than later.