View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Being a Milwaukee fan, I don't usually defend the Wolves players or management.

But; the Wolves play in Rosemont, which a suburb next to O'Hare Airport and the City of Chicago, about 15 miles from the loop. If Levin gets his hands on the Coyotes, he will try to leverage them to Seattle, or be like Craig Leipold selling Nashville to buy the Wild, to get to Seattle.

There is an arena in Seattle. From Wikipedia: "The largest arena in the greater Seattle area is the KeyArena. Originally called the Seattle Center Coliseum, the arena opened in 1962. The Thunderbirds played there until the end of the 2008-09 season."

That would be a short term solution until the replacement is built, a la San Jose. The Sonics played there. I am sure it is okay as a temporary solution. I have heard that there is local opposition to the new proposed arena, but that is to the site only.

What conflict of interest? Can't Levin own an AHL team and a NHL team? Or is there something else out there that I don't know about?
much like the Bradley Pettits there in Milwaukee, and the Ebright transition to Bullard and Petrovek, in 1998, HERE IN Portland, do you really think Levin wants to own the Wolves in perpetuity, adsfan, there's going to come a day when that option is thrust upon them, but that's why I'm opening that box, even if Vancouver elects to pull out, and Levin does align w/ Hansen in Seattle as has been speculated much like how TNSE pulled that deal off w/ ATL, how did you think Williams got in there in St.John's under that 3 year clause where he had tht option to buy the Ice Caps, something which has since been renegotiated, what other franchises are there that have the PDC expire this upcoming season, other than VAN/CHI? Most of the others are up by 2016, and that's a renewal for those who have the ten year contract, you never know wht conditions the AHL BOG might have.