View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Cursed Lemon
Registered Bruiser

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
I have, producing shifts from three randomly-selected games and finding an abundance of moments when Bure backchecks well and ends the opposing team's scoring chances. I've provided testimony from fan discussions during his playing days. The fact that this all comes from three games I had not yet watched before editing tells me how easy it is to find him playing well in his own end. You can easily review the way he plays defensively by watching this:

I would be delighted to produce another footage package for everyone to assess. I had previously planned to do a Sergei Fedorov package, but this is one issue that won't go away.

To claim Bure could not do either of these is very debatable. In fact, the first bolded sentence is part of what defined Bure. As soon as he picked up the puck, anything could happen. Crowds were brought to their feet because they knew some sort of offensive chance was going to be produced from what seemed like a routine moment.

2:10:

"[He] just made things happen where you didn't think anything could happen."

The words of Trevor Linden. And then you see Bure split Raymond Bourque and his D partner in that clip. After that, you see Bure make all sorts of moves on the opposing defense resulting in goals while the interviewees talk about how he could make the opposing defense look like complete fools. In fact, the whole clip attests to his tremendous skill and puckhandling ability. There are some great goals in there that rival what Datsyuk can do, all while at a higher speed. I'd recommend watching the entire clip.
Note one thing - 95% of Bure's impressive plays were built around his speed.

Now consider the fact that Datsyuk creates hockey magic often while standing still.

Cursed Lemon is online now   Reply With Quote