View Single Post
Old
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post

- Our Game? What is it? We look like we run around and try to out skill teams. There is no reasoning for anything. We don't support the puck. We don't forecheck hard. We stand around in our d-zone. I just hate the way the Pens are playing right now. It's fun to win games but I don't believe for one bit this team can win the Cup. Unless some big changes happen and the players completely buy in - I can't think we will make it far playing this style. It's just ugly.

- Brook Orpik: If he's a man of his word and wants to be a leader, then he needs to watch that tape and point the finger at himself. His play is so bad. I hate seeing this guy play so poorly, but he's every bit as bad as Martin's worst hockey in Pittsburgh. In fact, it's probably worse. He's complete garbage. Awful game.
I disagreed with you earlier about their performance at that point in the night but I agree with how you phrase it here. There is a way to take advantage of our top end skill and play disciplined defense, but they have not been able to strike that balance.

I don't know what to think about Orpik. People used to get on his case when he was playing all right but not lighting people up, but the last 2-3 weeks I'm not sure what he's doing out there sometimes. He gets the puck in space down low and just hangs on to it until someone skates over to oppose him. It makes no sense. He's MIA in front of the net on some goals too.

I give a minus to Neal. Honest to god I forgot about him for about half the game.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote