View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Thank you, you just re-emphasized my point. From a fan perspective, a one day event is not ideal. Never said it couldn't be done, its just not ideal.

Day 1 usually 3.5hours. Day 2 usually takes ~4 hours. That's a decent breakdown.

9 hours straight with the possibility of more? Don't even think about us watching a home, think about the fans who buy tickets and sit there for 9 hours straight, the families there, then the mgmt team and scouts. That's a long and busy day.
Pack up and leave after the 1st round then, it'll just like day 1 of a 2 day draft. Just think all the 2nd rounders who showed up on day 1 hoping to get called can leave knowing they've been selected

I think it should be much shorter than the 9 hours + spare time, that's max. Besides which this likely a lockout shortened season result due to packing in more games, it'll be back to 2 days next year even if I prefer to get it over with faster, so 2 day fans will be happy again next year. I like the idea of staying up late and seeing what gems pop out of the draft, but a 1 day draft is still not likely to be that late unless they start the draft in the mid afternoon and go very slow.

EDIT, didn't realise it was starting that late

"The draft will begin at 3 p.m. and be televised on NBC Sports Network, and the NHL Network will take over at 8 p.m. for the conclusion of the later rounds."

Starts at 3pm, so that could be late. They will need the jaws music from the Oscars.

Last edited by me2: 03-05-2013 at 12:36 AM.