View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 12:43 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Its just as exhausting as reading why player x or player y didnt fit in Darryl's system and the other excuses on top of it.
I will say that I hope Darryl doesn't have too much say in personnel decisions. I'd like to think he and Dean communicate on such issues, but ultimately Dean and his scouts make the final call, because Sutter ran the Flames into the ground as a GM. Sutter traded away a lot of draft picks and went after a lot of aging veterans instead of trying to get younger while getting better like Dean has. Sutter was more of a short-term quick fix type of guy who wanted to win now at the cost of the future. I much prefer Dean's long term building approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Honestly Moulson is the toughest loss of all these guys. He consistently scores goals and plays LW, a position of weakness on the Kings. Problem is he is a terrible plus minus player this year, he is killing my fantasy team. Purcell played RW, Kings have Williams, Carter, Lewis, Nolan who all play that position. Boyle was a center and Kings are again loaded there so much so we traded Boyle and Loktionov. Same with Hickey, dealt from a position of strength. The only downfall is that Manchester is hurting now because of some of these losses because the depth is in La or college or juniors, not in the Ahl.
I don't know how successful Moulson would be here, especially on Sutter's team. He's not a great skater, but more importantly he's not a physical guy and he's not that great defensively. He's really just a one trick pony who gets a lot of clean-up-the-trash in front of the net goals, which is a product of playing first line minutes and getting a lot of PP time. I don't know how well his reluctance to throw his body around and his relatively poor defensive game would mesh with Sutter. When you watch him play sometimes it looks like he's just floating around waiting for Tavares to get him the puck. He's not a guy that goes into the corners looking to win battles and I wouldn't characterize him as a guy who possesses a great shot like Carter because so many of his goals are really just tap-ins in front of the net.

gonnaneedsomewine is offline   Reply With Quote