View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
That’s no problem as long as Q doesn’t leave Emery idle to the point that he is out of game shape… and that’s what happened last season. It didn’t matter how badly CC faltered, all of our eggs were in one basket and Emery was not ready to compete. I have never had a problem with Emery, it was Q’s lack of confidence in him that irked me. I doubt that will be repeated in this compressed schedule – In fact, I think any team that doesn’t utilize their second goalie for a good 10 - 15 games this season is taking a significant risk of injury or fatigue. There’s just too much hockey to be played.
That's nonsense though, plenty of back-ups got a lot less games then Emery did and put up better numbers. Yes Crawford got the games he is the starter it's how it works and has worked for decades. Fact is Emery got chances and didn't capitalize, when he played he played horribly so Q went back to his starter, if Emery played as well last year as he has been this year Q would have stuck with him. Q has proven twice now he doesn't care about title or money but who deserves it, Niemi over Huet and Crawford over Turco.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote