View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 03:38 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
As a leaf fan i think Colin Wilson would be the perfect fit to be our # 1 center, he may not have the points to awe you into thinking hes a # 1 center but he fits our age group well and he has chemistry with JVR from the world juniors... He is a power forward who has tremendous hands and skill and also has good vision. Im comfortable with Kadri and Wilson being our 1 and 2 centers moving forward as a young team.

Now for Nashville fans what would it take to get him. Lets be realisitc, i know you want Gardiner and Rielly, but your not getting them as we wouldnt even trade them for Nash. For Wilson your looking at Grabo who would fit wonderfully there and fill in for Wilson and Kulemin and maybe Gunnarsson... But discuss what you think you should get and what not. How do you value him without being bias because the thought of Gardiner intrigues you.
This is just another "Hey I really like your young up and coming player but don't ask for anything of value of ours" threads.

Gunnarsson is an RFA after this year. No guarantee he would sign with Nashville. Grabo isn't a Trotz type player and he's even less a Poile (who shows such cap restraint) type player. Kulemin could intrigue them but he's a UFA the year after next and hasn't shown to be better than Wilson the last two years.

If the Leafs want a young big bodied center they're going to have to part with something that hurts a little more than an RFA, a struggling soon to be UFA or a slightly overpaid second line center. IMO JVR or Gardiner make far more sense as starting points for Nashville.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote