View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Inner Turbulence

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
[QUOTE=KingsCorona;60993767]I'm not sure if he didn't fit our system or not... I thought part of the reason he struggled was that we had him on the wings a lot just because it was where we could fit him in. Stoll is drawing a lot of criticism lately, though... would he not have been a good option for 3rd line center right now? I'm genuinely asking, btw, not suggesting. How do people think he would have done?
[QUOTE]

Pretty hard to predict, honestly. He couldn't play the same role or style that Stoll plays. Loktionov is probably never going to be a great forechecker and strong on the boards. So he would have to be a factor a different way with linemates such as King, Nolan, Clifford, Penner, Gagne etc.

I actually think Stoll has been playing well this year. Solid in the Face Off circle, disciplined with "only" 7 minors in 20 games, aggressive and consistent on the forecheck, chipped in 7 points and he is leading our PK in ice-time for forwards.

Still a shame Loktionov never was able to convince the Kings that he deserved a regular role. He's got terrific vision and good hands.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote