View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd have to disagree with you. At this point in his career he has not developed into the player everyone thought he would, but if he does ever develop, a big scoring winger is absolutely a need this team has to fill. Everyone complains about the lack of young guys with high ceilings in this organization. MPS is a young guy with a high ceiling. Yes, he has not reached it, but at 21 there is still time for him to get there. The kid put up good numbers in the low scoring SEL playing against grown men (29 points in 49 games), and put up 34 points in his first full NHL season. I don't know what has happened in the past two years and why he appears to have regressed, but there is still time for him to turn it around.

That being said, I think MPS would probably cost too much for the Flyers to go after. I wouldn't overpay for the guy because it is not a guarantee he ever reaches his potential.
Scoring winger with size? Like hartnell? How about simmonds? This team already has 4 top 6 wingers not including briere/schenn.

No, people don't complain about a lack of young talent. They complain about a lack of talent in the pipeline as prospects. Huge difference.

Also mps does not have a high ceiling. He has stone hands and no offensive creativity or killer instinct