Old
03-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/sp...pics.html?_r=0

Would it really be the end of the world if they received the rights to highlights from Olympics broadcasts?

I think the NHL does want some money, and seeing how huge of a draw men's ice hockey is for the Winter Games-- I don't blame them for trying to get a cut. The risk and cost to NHL teams is not insignificant.
Would it be the end of the world if they were allowed to show highlights? Well, not for the IOC, but I can't see why NBC would be happy paying well over a billion dollars for the rights to the Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
As much as I love seeing NHLers play in the Olympics, I'm completely on the NHL's side in this. Men's ice hockey is the Winters Olympics' biggest moneymaker. Why allow the Olympics to make big money off of NHL players under contract when the NHL isn't even allowed to use footage from those events in marketing?
Yep. I'm 100% on the NHL's side. I think the best move would be to negotiate with NBC over the rights rather than the IOC. How is the IOC supposed to give rights to something that they already sold? Not having NHLers in the Olympics will hurt NBC. Negotiate with them.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-