Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 10:06 AM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Nope neither played in San Antonio. Both just went back to juniors for 1 additional yr. Both were sent back to juniors for specific reasons (Guds needed to work on his offensive game and Huberdeau needed to gain some more strength). If we end up with MacKinnon, no matter what slot he's selected, he could make the jump right away. Keep in mind that Tallon drafted Patrick Kane and he was in the lineup right away. The org harping on development is because some players just aren't elite and for them to be difference makers in the NHL, they need time to work on deficiencies. MacKinnon is an elite player and will most likely be in the NHL next yr, regardless of what team selects him.
This. For players like Shore, Bjugstad, Robak, Petrovic etc, guys who can become top 6/4 players, over time, I'm sure Tallon wants to develop them properly in the college ranks/AHL to improve their game.
For guys like Huberdeau, (any top 3 pick this year), they can start almost right away and produce.
IF we pick Mac, Jones, Barkov, (add someone I forgot), I believe they will be given a good chance to play right away because they have that "it" factor over the former listed players.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote