View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
The issue with getting them both is that they're going to have to be groomed and developed in the A. So they're a ways off. That's always the problem with D though I guess.

Both look to have good promise though. That'd be a real tough call to make, Jones for 2 D that are 2-4yrs out. Not that Jones could step right in and play in the NHL either.
I think Jones COULD step right in and play, but that he'd be better off with another year in junior to further develop too. In my opinion, the prospects that could be NHL ready are MacKinnon, Jones, Monahan and Barkov. Each exhibit the strength and speed (Barkov lacks speed but makes up for it with other aspects of his game) necessary to immediately transition to the NHL game, but each could obviously use another year to develop at the junior level to further refine their games.

In the case of Monahan and MacKinnon, they have already excelled in the juniors for two seasons, so I see no reason for them to play another year there as they could even regress due to less rigiorous training and constantly facing a lower quality of competition.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote