View Single Post
03-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Global Moderator
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Soupy, how did you get Huberdeau up to a 89? I groomed him in my GM mode and he never got over 84 and then he had ONE off year and fell to a 81 and bascially was forced to trade him at 30 years old because he was asking for 4 years @ $4.5 million/year. We made the playoffs 7 out of 10 years, making the Cup final once. I play on All-star difficulity.
I had him on the 2nd line with Mueller and Selanne, and IIRC he didn't even go PPG during the season. Maybe it was the playoffs since the finals was the only series that didn't go 7 and even that went to 6.

Simmed through the whole season and playoffs on All-star, but now I'm sort of screwed because Matthias got offersheeted (for 3.5x3 freakin $$ what the ****) and Mueller is asking for 6 million.

Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Markstrom is a beast though, he reached 92 overall at his peak but his contract ballooned to $13 million when he was 31 years old
I had him in the AHL for the first year, he had a good year (Rampage was 2nd seed, lost in the 1st round in 5 games) but still didn't rise nearly enough what the stats would suggest. IIRC he was a 76 when I started, now he's a 79.

Also Howden&McFarland were playing 1st line and had good stats, but had the same little progress as Markstrom.

How does this thing actually work.