View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Whether it's effort or something else, I think we're in agreement that Neal makes who plays on Geno's other wing relevant. And, if I'm reading you right, you're saying it shouldn't be that way.

FWIW, before Malkin got concussed, I was arguing that, aside from the shot, Neal brought less to the table than Kunitz or Dupuis do for Sid.
Neal caused complete chaos for TB and forced four turnovers in his first three shifts. The entire period he was separating guys from pucks and allowing Malkin to freelance and pounce on those pucks.

Yet we have people delusional enough to think he isn't capable of doing this stuff every game. Why? Does he run on Cat batteries?

It's mind boggling how people want to defend his play just because he is scoring goals. We expect Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz and Duper to bring it every game, but it is unfair to expect that from Neal? Wtf is that?

No player can be on every game for an entire season, it's unrealistic. However, Neal hasn't even put together back to back games of all out effort the entire season. How people can defend that is ridiculous.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote