View Single Post
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
can anyone comment on neal's effort level in dallas before his suspension?

i know he was much more of a power forward and consistent physical presence prior to that suspension. but did his "effort level" also decline after that incident, or was he always a occasionally lazy player?
He wasn't a 24/7 cannonball, but he played like a 220 pound player (i.e., showed signs of developing into a true PF rather than a bigger Petr Sykora).

I'm not saying that to diminish from what Neal does well. I'm just answering your question to the best of my recollection . . . when Dallas dealt Neal, they viewed him, rather than Benn, as expendable because Benn was an emerging PF and Neal was seen as an inconsistent high end finisher who sometimes would bring it and use his size and give you those PF flashes.

Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
You don't need to go that far back. When he came over in the trade, he was a monster on the forecheck and was a major factor for us winning games despite his scoring slump.

I'd like that Neal back. The goals will come.
That's the player Neal was in Dallas before the suspension. Aside from the goals, the Neal you've seen this year is the Neal from Dallas after the suspension.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote