View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I can agree with that. I don't know why Moen isn't dropping them anymore. He doesn't seem nearly as involved as before.

Prust, hypothetical additional middleweight, White and Bourque (somewhat) should allow us to field a decent fighting squad.

The problem with heavy weights is that they are generally very bad hockey players. How can they bring toughness when the coach doesn't even see the need to use them? Especially with Therrien rolling 4 lines. Heavy weights that can play are usually power forwards and we could definitely use another one, its just that they aren't cheap.
I'm not interested in a heavyweight that can't play hockey...I would settle for a Chris Thorburn anyday though. He's not a heavyweight, but a decent middleweight who can take a regular shift and not hurt you.

As it stands now, Moen/Armstrong are redundant...even more so if/when you add Nokelainen to that equation.

So i'm hoping MB looks at his team and sees Moen/Armstrong/Nokelainen and realizes the same thing I do, the redundancy, and tries to sacrifice one of them for some additional toughness.

I don't think the Habs need a fighter who is going to take on the Chara's, Lucic's, Scott's, Orr's of this world because those guys either won't fight a straight up goon (Chara, Lucic) or having a goon who fights the other teams goon (Scott, Orr) is completely useless IMO.

The other night vs the Bruins, it would of been nice to see Moen step in for Prust and take on Lucic, even if it was just a wrestling match. Just to show Prust that he has his back and he's not alone.

Anyways...it's just my opinion, if it was up to me fighting would be completely eradicated. But we're still about a decade away from there, so until then...