Thread: Waived: Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Habsrule

vCash: 500
I would hope that Hamrlik becomes a Hab again.

Yes his best days are behind him and I have to figure that this is his last season but you can never have enough depth on the backend.

Only thing would be to move Weber for any draft pick you can get or just send him down to Hamilton and he would have to clear waivers.

If an offensive player is out of the lineup have Kaberle step in. (Markov, Subban, Diaz)

If a defensive player is out of the lineup have Hamrlik step in.
(Gorges, Emelin, Boullion)

7th/8th will be Kaberle and Hamrlik. No need at the trade deadline to worry about picking up a little more depth on the back end.

When the season is finished let Hamrlik retire or try to sign with another club as a UFA.

As much as I like Weber (I live in Kitchener and watched him play for the Rangers) he has been passed on the Habs depth chart. I can not see him in a Habs uniform next season.

I believe that the Habs are still in a mode that they are more interested in winning Cups in the future rather than a short time try for this year. The Habs are currently sitting on top of the East just about at the half way mark of the season. I am not saying to go all out to make a run for the Cup but if we could make an upgrade without giving away any true assets in the future then why not take the chance. I would rather have Hamrlik over Weber right now looking forward to a playoff run.