Thread: Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
MaxV

vCash: 500
Slava Voynov has been playing really well this year. I think he should be among the leading candidates for the D spot.

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
I loved the chemistry that they showed together at last year's WHC.

Mozyakin-Malkin-Radulov
I wouldn't put him on the team if it was in NA, but can't keep Mozyakin off the roster on big ice. This could be a great line.

Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Tarasenko
Kovy and Vlad had great chemistry playing together. I'm not sure if Anisimov is the best choice for this spot, but he's ok. This might Tikhonov also, since he has chemistry with Kovy and Vlad.

Kuznetsov-Tereschenko-Yakupov
I'm more sure about Tereschenko then about Anisimov. He isn't flashy, but his all-around game can be valuable for the team, as he has already shown at multiple WHC. Yakupov is a wild card. He has impressed so far and might already be a better choice then guys like Kulemin, Popov and Perezhogin.

Perezhogin
If an extra forward is brought, then there are several candidates. They might go with another Center for flexibility, Tikhonov or Schipachyov maybe.

Nikulin - Medvedev
Very solid all-around pair of blue-liners who have a lot of experience on big ice. They understand where to be and should be solid.

Markov - Kulikov
Savy veteran and young upstart, this could be a good play-making combination.

Voynov - Tyutin
Both are having a good season in NHL. Fedor might be better on smaller ice, but I think he is good enough as a puck-mover to play well on big ice.

A.Belov
Bilya might go with 8 D-men, in which case I would chose Biryukov. He might make the roster anyway. I like Belov's game, he is turning into a solid all-around player.

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Barulin

Varly and Ilya have been a bit inconsistant, but they have shown in the past that, when they get hot, they can carry a team. I wouldn't discount Barulin either. He is also a capable goaltender.

Last edited by MaxV: 03-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote