View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Skk82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Meh. Talbot obviously meant a lot to our locker-room but I'll still take the Kennedy contract over Talbot's. At least Kennedy's expires this summer. I have no interest in paying $1.8m for a 4C, especially when we have huge contracts on the horizon with Letang/Malkin and eventually Fleury.

I believe TK is a solid cycle player, who can chip in 30 points on anybody's third line. He's definitely no consistent 20 goal-scorer, and definitely benefited from having Staal as his center all these years. Hopefully he can get back on track, it it's here or not.
I agree with all of this. Max Talbot is a 4th liner who had 2 really bad seasons (and shoulders) in his last two years with the Pens. Talbot got a chance and failed as a 2nd line winger, isn't a winger at all really, he's a 3C or a 4C, depending on the depth of the team he's on.

Kennedy, was an ideal 3W coming off a 20 goal year, which even if that reverted to his typical 10-12 goals, he was still good on the boards, forecheck, etc. At the time, it was a good gamble to give him a $2 year, $2 million contract.

To me, given Kennedy $2 million for two is a mile better than giving a 4th liner $1.75 million for five seasons.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote