View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
JacketsFanWest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
The biggest reason I like Jack is his attitude. He wants to be here. He's a down-to-earth Midwestern boy, which I like, and he's played between pretty well and really well for us. I'd hate to see him leave so soon after coming to a situation that really seems to suit him.

I realize this is a business and if the price is right JD/JK will have to pull the trigger and I'll just have to get over it. But I won't be a happy camper.
I agree. JJ seems like part of the solution, not the problem. He wants to help Columbus be successful. He's giving his all out there. Maybe that's not always enough, but it's not due to lack of effort.

I would rather see effort into getting him the right defensive partner for him to be more effective. The JJ-Wiz pairing at even strength isn't going work.

The team doesn't have a lot of assets that are going to return big players. Trading JJ for a pile of spare parts isn't enough. It needs to be an elite player or two. The Jackets have enough 3rd and 4th liners and not-quite-ready defensemen. If the Pens want to give up a highly regarded prospect (Bennett, maybe?) or player with 1st line talent, then okay, but the Jackets need to win the trade.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote