View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:46 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Button has him ranked 9th. Krishna loves him and wants the Flyers to get him very bad. Other than that I have no clue, but I am sure BCF16 could tell us since he watches a lot of London games.
I've got a soft spot for Nikita Zadorov. He's not your typical Russian defenseman in that he's a very physical guy and he can throw the dukes. His defensive positioning is superb and he's become an elite shut down guy.

His offensive skills are also underrated. While he doesn't get much power play time (a shame too because he's got a rocket of a shot that's low and accurate), he sees the ice very well and is very adept at moving the puck. He doesn't fumble the puck and has a very crisp breakout pass.

The other thing that I like about Zadorov is that for such a big guy, he can really skate. I mean, we're talking Jay Bouwmeester type skating. I'll say this about the big guy - if Dale Hunter had ever used him in an offensive role, he'd be right up there with Jones as the top defenseman of the draft. People might be all over me for that, but it's true. When Zadorov came to London, he knew that his defense needed work and he's decided to focus solely on his defense. Next year, with Sefton, Hughes and Harrington gone, he should slide into the number 2 spot (Maatta will probably be top dog) and get a ton of power play opportunities.