View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Over the last four years in Glendale.... what hasn't been that???
Good point. I bet if I scanned the archive, I could find more than one comment that I've made that belongs in the thespian column as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Up to this point.... $25 million.... with another $25 million pending.

Before the team was sent to BK court, the city was pulling in enough to easily make it's bond payments.
I think if you check the actuals, you'll arrive at a different conclusion. City revenue from Westgate and Arena have never been enough to offset the annual bond debt servicing. But at least they weren't compounding that shortfall by tossing an absurd AMF payment into the mix as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I dont think theres any question that thats' clearly their intent, and certainly I applaud those efforts. Its how one achieves such objectives, goes about them thats telling. With so much in flux, basically January 31 through the end of the season absolutely critical in having informed & experienced staff on hand. I for one think it foolish to have forced Tindall out early when here's a guy who knows where the bodies are buried, is beyond experienced & Sr to everyone else involved, right up to speed. Weiers etc might not like what he had to say or proposed, thats fine, disagree with whatever. His review & renewal was pending in late spring anyway, no need for such haste.
Maybe you and I just disagree on Tindall's effectiveness. In my opinion, it's never too early to dismiss individuals who create a wake of wreckage comparable to what has occurred in Glendale. Also, Jan 31 through end of season is only critical if you think persisting the Coyotes in Glendale is imperative. But since there is no economic justification for that position, it's hard to view it is critical.