View Single Post
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Poulin on the second line is....interesting, to say the least. Switch him and Backstrom asap IMO.
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
He reunited a real-life line that was very productive together. I like it personally (But yes, Backstrom is pretty much Poulin on steroids, so a better fit on a scoring line (steroids in a non-literal way))
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
It may be a real life line, but this isn't the real life NHL. Poulin has credible checking at this level, but offensively he's not giving you much. Kerr and Propp are hurting bad without a legit top 6 C.
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post

For a four or five year peak the Propp/Poulin/Kerr line was one of the best lines in the NHL, categorically in the top 5 every year. The Flyers as a team were top 4 or 5 in goals scored during this time. Hell, that line led the team to two Stanley Cup Finals and lost only to the Gretzky Oiler Juggernaut, the 2nd time they went the full 7 games before bowing out.
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
For what it's worth, I disagree with monster here. Leave your lines how they are.
I could go either way on this one.

I'm a big Dave Poulin backer and in the real NHL that was one of the top lines for a few seasons..

One one hand his offensive resume is laughably bad as a second liner in the ATD.

On the other hand, his work ethic, faceoff ability and defensive responsibility let the line with Propp and Kerr be very effective as a unit. He also chipped in an effective amount of offense.

I think for me, my decision of how effective they are will depend on who they are facing somewhat..

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote