View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I disagree about slipping Barker into the lineup. It was two games in two nights , Bieksa was unable to go so instead of sticking ballard in he sllipped barker in. Ballard was only out for 2 days.

I think we need to consider that we have to get these guys in here before the trade deadline. I am onboard with what AV did.

However, I agree that his excuse is lame. Its flimsy at best. He insulted out intelligence like we cant figure out whats going on. I still think he and Gillis should address the media as to what is going on with Ballard.

If AV sits Ballard tonight, this is where I part company with his decision.
Why? We've had Alberts on this team for years, you know what you get with the guy. If he's in the line-up in the playoffs you aren't going to do very well ... or at least we haven't any time he's been forced to play.

It took one game of Barker, and it is apparent the guy is not a NHL player outside the offensive zone. Terrible backward mobility and can't pivot to save his life. Just flounders on the defensive side of the puck.

So yes, Gillis needs to look at bringing in some adequate defensive depth at the deadline. I think we've established that ... never play Barker again, and use Alberts until Bieksa is healthy and then never play him again either.