View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Zorf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What a stupid post. Seriously.

OP is a Sens fan. He's asking what it would take to acquire Gaborik. Don't like the price? Then accept the fact that you're not willing to invest the assets necessary for a talent like him, and move on.

14P in 20G and he's 'off'. Imagine what his numbers would look like if he was 'on'. And fact of the matter is, shoulder surgery takes longer than a few weeks to completely heal. It's not the main reason for his minor struggles, but it shouldn't be overlooked.
I'm fine with my proposal being shot down. I appreciate the answers and it makes sense to me. I thought the Rangers were under a much more serious cap crunch than is reality, and that's fine. It makes sense that Gaborik's value is more than what I proposed.

As for his production/expectations, based on an 82 game schedule, his current pace is basically 60 points. Considering he's paid $7.5M, I don't know how happy Rangers fans would be with that level of production, especially based on what he has done in the past.

And I didn't know he had shoulder surgery! The more you know!!

Still, I think everyone can agree that Gaborik isn't playing at a level expected of him.

Fair?

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote