Thread: Proposal: Nyr - ott
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorf View Post
I'm fine with my proposal being shot down. I appreciate the answers and it makes sense to me. I thought the Rangers were under a much more serious cap crunch than is reality, and that's fine. It makes sense that Gaborik's value is more than what I proposed.

As for his production/expectations, based on an 82 game schedule, his current pace is basically 60 points. Considering he's paid $7.5M, I don't know how happy Rangers fans would be with that level of production, especially based on what he has done in the past.

And I didn't know he had shoulder surgery! The more you know!!

Still, I think everyone can agree that Gaborik isn't playing at a level expected of him.

Fair?
He's not, but when he does, imagine what his numbers will be. He's put up 14 points in 20 games and hasn't played like himself.

That's pretty damn good for a guy who's slumping.

And why don't you look into the cap situation before just throwing that out there as if it's a good reason why the Rangers will sell low on Gaborik.

Also, if they were to begin shopping him, i'd bet all my savings, that other teams would offer a hell of a lot more than what you proposed.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote