View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Remind me...how old was Deryk Engelland when he got his chance with the Pens???

I would LOVE to have him on the team right now. What a find by Shero and GMGM let another tough viable player slip right under his nose.

Funny thing is that this situation reminds me ALOT of the flak GMGM got when he brought Erskine aboard.

I remember being IRATE that he was not immediately put into the lineup (took about 20 games I think) before he saw his first action vs the Canes. We lost that game but he delivered a couple crushing hits and eventually the chatter settled somewhat.

Most people back then = Excited by Pothier signing

Most people back then = Not happy with GMGM getting Erskine

I'd say about 80-90% of the Caps HF fanbases just doesn't get "toughness". Never have before outside of a few people.
Here's the deal Tinner. You don't own the rights to being a fan who likes toughness. I think we all appreciate it, the older fans even more so because that's how we grew up. You've gotta stop throwing it around like you have to rights to fan toughness. Just takes away from your normally entertaining posts.

I don't remember a lot of flak about Erskine first being acquired. His first extension yes, sure, there was criticism. Pothier, well it was hard NOT to get excited when we had Kiwi and Doig as a top D pair. Even then, people realized what Pothier was....some expected him to step up and blossom in his new found role, but he didn't. Hopefully we don't get that same result from Olesky.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote