View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 01:57 PM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Yeah it depends who they are going up against, and how they are being used. I will say this, the average 2nd line in the ATD, which is what I'm assuming they will be matching up against most of the time, is probably better than all but a few lines those guys faced in the NHL.

EDIT: Too add, I definitely think if you have to pick between Backstrom and Poulin without considering anything else, Backstrom is the one to go with; however, in this scenario, with Backstrom on the third line, they are a real threat to score going the other way...if Poulin was moved there I don't think they would be nearly as dangerous.
Straight up, given the history, all the hype, the eras and whatnot, Backstrom is the better player IMO. But I'm trying to construct a team with a real life scenario in mind and that of the traditional 4 line set up.

We got guys here talking about character, how different players worked in various situational scenarios and even now we're picking coaches according to their innovations, situational adjustments, their perception of being taskmasters or "player" coaches, etc....

If I wanted pure numbers I would've selected my players that way. As it is I'm thinking of various strategies versus various opponents and I like the idea of versatility, hence why I'm picking a fair amount of guys that can play multiple positions.

I have a couple of more obvious problems and holes to fill and the quality between the 2nd and 3rd line CTRs is way down on my list of worries.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote