View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Toronto is getting goaltending and they're able to score without sacrificing defense like they've had to do for the past few years.

Luck is being 4-0 to start the season. 23 games into the season, this isn't luck for Toronto. They have a system and they're playing like a team. Let's face it, Theye good this year. They should make the playoffs, but at this point even the Habs could miss the playoffs.
I agree and held the opinion at the start of the season that they were going to be good. They definitely have a system and are very similar to us in that their coach has elevated them to a new level, they have great rookie contribution (Kadri) and can still win while missing key players (Gardiner, Lupul).

I was watching their game against NJ and they were down 2-1. Now, fair enough, Hedberg was crap on the ensuing goals, but they got to the front of the net and found a way to win. Got to give credit where it is due. They could easily pass us if we let off the gas so I hope MT has the team concentrated on repeating the first half of the season and not just coasting at .500 (doubt he would accept that).