View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 02:34 PM
wadesworld

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I am not a Smith fan. At best I see him as a 3rd liner. I have read his scouting reports. Looked at his stats from 2004 to today. Watching his play I agree with his speed and occosional puck handling ability. His shooting ability is truly lacking. He put up half a point a game last year, given. Currently he has a confidence problem, he is unproven if you look at the minutes he has been given this year and last he has been given a shot at producing. He has not held up this season. Is it the linemates ? that could well have somethin to do with it. But 5 points in 23 games and a -5 earns a reduction in playing time on a team that is struggling.

He may be better than I think but he is not as good as most here think either.
Sure, on any normal team I might agree with you. You certainly wouldn't put Smith ahead of proven goal scorers.

But who do we have that's proven to produce better this year? Gaustad and Erat are invisible. Butler and Boycheck have potential and hopefully will quickly help, but they weren't waived and in the AHL for no reason, so that might be wishful thinking. Fisher and Leggy are horrible.

Smith, Borque and Wilson are the best we've got at the moment. I certainly would be onboard with bringing in a proven scorer, but I don't see that happening. Might as well give top minutes to the guys who are producing the most, even if it's just good chances. Good chances are better complete-fail followed by turnover.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote