View Single Post
Old
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Sure, on any normal team I might agree with you. You certainly wouldn't put Smith ahead of proven goal scorers.

But who do we have that's proven to produce better this year? Gaustad and Erat are invisible. Butler and Boycheck have potential and hopefully will quickly help, but they weren't waived and in the AHL for no reason, so that might be wishful thinking. Fisher and Leggy are horrible.

Smith, Borque and Wilson are the best we've got at the moment. I certainly would be onboard with bringing in a proven scorer, but I don't see that happening. Might as well give top minutes to the guys who are producing the most, even if it's just good chances. Good chances are better complete-fail followed by turnover.
Erat has is stuck in nowhere land but has the ability to put the puck in the net. Gaustad deserves a bigger role. People ***** about his salary but he is doing his job over 60% at the dot has done a decent job on the PK no worse than others and most important he is willing to put his body in front of the net. He could be as effective as Holmstrom was if given the chance or he could tank and be put back to 4th line. Yes Fish and Leggy are horrid but theres no way to move them really, I don't see anyone that ould jump at there salary facing the cap drop next season. Leggy has shown in the past he can be effective on the wing. If they do not work out put them in the scratch list and give there minutes to someone else.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote