View Single Post
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Sharp Dressed Man
vCash: 500
Absolutely true, but a lot of guys who become face of the league kind of guys, are top five, if not first picks.

Quick wiki look tells me Ovi and Malkin 1/2 in 04, Crosby in 05, in 06, fair enough, the highest picked guy to really become the face of his team was Toews at 3rd, (behind Erik Johnson and Jordan Stall), Kane and Couture are argueably the best picks out of 07, Kane being 1st. 08 being Stamkos and 09 being Tavares. In MOST of those years, the guy who is a build around kind of guy more than anyone else in their year is the 1st overall.

I mean, sometimes you can take Datsyuk at 160some or whatever he was (rd. 6) and he blooms but if you need a player to build around REALLY badly, more than any other team, you should be 1st overall, because you get the best chance to get a superstar. BUT a team who needs it ALMOST as bad (only 1 point above you) should have ALMOST the same odds of getting that guy.

OR I should say, getting the opportunity to draft that guy. Whether or not you screw up your pick is always up to you.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote